How do I know this? No, it’s not the christmas décor popping up in retail stores. No, it’s not even new Christmas music releases by Mary J. Blige and Kelly Clarkson. It is, however, the absolutely chaotic album release schedule for the remainder of 2013.
It appears all of the music industry heavyweights were in on the same game plan: album releases appropriately timed for the holiday season. This late surge will hopefully be redeeming for the music industry: According to Billboard, album sales for this past week (ending Oct. 27), are down 28% from the same week in 2012. For the year, at this point, album sales are down 7%.
Here is just a snapshot of what’s to come:
- Avril Lavigne, “Avril Lavigne”
- Celine Dion, “Loved Me Back to Life”
- Eminem, “The Marshall Mathers LP 2”
- James Blunt, “Moon Landing”
- M.I.A., “Matangi”
- Kellie Pickler, “Woman I Am”
- Lady Gaga, “ARTPOP”
- Daughtry, “Baptized”
- Norah Jones & Billie Joe Armstrong, “Foreverly”
- One Direction, “Midnight Memories”
- Britney Spears, “Britney Jean”
- Chris Brown, “X”
- R. Kelly, “Black Panties”
Get ready people! There’s a lot of good music heading our way. And will Beyoncé sneak her next LP in before the 2013 curtain falls? For the full list of 2013 album releases, click here.